Am I crazy or what?

I'm sitting here and laughing at my crazy self...
My Dr said "oh i'm sure you'll be in labor by tonight"( and that was 3 days ago!)
Ever since I've tried it all to naturally induce my labor: walking up and down the stairs, accupresure points, eating pineapple and spicy foods(it suppouse to kick start contractions:) I heard wine helps too, but I don't thing i wanna try that...
I know some of you will say get some sleep and enjoy this time, but I wanna get it over with!!!!
Anything else I can try???

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sex?
    Anonymous

• Sex.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I tried it all with my last pregnancy. All the ones you listed plus squatting as far as I could for as long as I could, I walked and tried to keep busy. I even tried Castor oil (stupid and disgusting). I drank raspberry leaf organic tea, which helped relax. I do not think anything worked, she came when she wanted to at 37 weeks. Trust me I know I was miserable and when a DR gives you that false hope it makes it harder. I really really do no advise the Castor oil. It can make you even more miserable. She will come when she wants. I wish you good luck.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• mommypeck
    why would you be tryin so hard to have your baby that soon?
    Anonymous

• The one thing that I know for sure works is Passion Iced tea from starbucks because it has everything you need to contract the placenta. Thats why your not suppose to drink it early in pregnancy for the risk contracting the placenta and miscarrying. I would get it iced so you can drink it faster, no water so it can be strong, and sweetend so it wont be too acidic. also get light ice so you can get alot more of the tea the refills are only 50 cents so you might need a couple of refills. This defiently works. Wish you the well and a happy delivery.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 6:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had my baby at 37wks and 5 days. I did not start anything till I was 36.5 wks preg. and I can now say that I wouldn't rec. doing some of those things, plus nothing really worked. I had my first at 38.3 wks without trying anything. I am 34 wks now and 3cm 40% effaced and -2 station and plan to ride this one out as longs as she wants to stay in there. I have not really considered any natural ways to induce. I figure it will happen when she wants. I have no opinion in the matter. So please do not judge.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• well sex will help because his "men" are supposed to have *prostaglandins* that will soften the cervix, also eggplant is supposed to have that as well.
    if you have hit your due date i would talk to my doc about medically inducing labor.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I heard the same about eggplant parm.
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 6:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Wash All your floors on your hands and knees. Works every time!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• drink Green tea , clean n have sex!!! all good answers to me!!
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 12:57 AM on Dec. 25, 2008