Is it risky, or should I do it?

My boyfriend and I have been together for four months. I have been talkin to him for almost a year prior to starting a relationship. We met almost five years ago, but my mother banned us from seeing each other. We fell out of touch, and when I left my ex husband we got back in touch. I've had a bf before him, so I know its not a "rebound". I love him to death, and we have a connection that is rare nowadays. We respect each other a lot, and he totally adores my eight month old son. He told me he does not care that my DS is not his blood. It makes no difference to him, and he treats him as his own. He is very protective of him-worse than me!
He asked me to move in with him, and I have agreed... Just wanted to know that this would be a good idea? Am I setting myself up for failure?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 5:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Think long and hard before you do. It may be wonderful but don't let everything of yours go! And just because you live with him don't let him become your life entirely.

Just be careful.

Good luck.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 6:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think it's a personal choice. People that live together before marriage are less likely to last once they are married, and a lot of men are only to happen to live with you playing the role a wife plays yet you're not entitled to anything once the relationship is over whether in breakup or death. It's great that he loves your child, he sounds like a good guy, but me personally, I'd set the example for my child and not live together without being married. If you decide to go ahead and do it, if at all possible, don't get rid of all of your things, you may need them later.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have nothing to get rid of. I got married, and when I had to leave him I was able to leave with the clothes on my back and in my closet and that was it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2008