HELP PLEASE

MY SON IS 6 MONTHS OLD AND HASNT POOPED IN 3 DAYS HE IS TRYING SO HARD AND FARTING ALOT BUT NO POOP IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO I DONT HAVE ANY MONEY TO GET ANY MEDS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my doc told me to u dark karo syrup for my 2 month old daughter i table spoon in a bottle and it worked we jus had to use it one time...
    Brinkleysmommy1

Answer by Brinkleysmommy1 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Give him a little bit of pear juice or feed him some prunes.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 5:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• He doesn't need medication...he needs you to feed him properly.
    Anonymous

• Anon- how do you know what he eats? Some people can be SO rude!

If you can't buy him anything to help- such as the things suggested above or glycerin suppositories...

You can do this... nice warm back and rub his belly. Bicycle his legs to help things get moving. Rectal stimulation- lube up you pinky with some KY and insert it into his butt a little ways (yes it sounds gross... but it should get him to push and the lube might help him pass the poops if they are hard)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• give him a forth of a cup of coffee with cream and sugar it woked for me and my sister and my daughter to and the little bit of caffeine isnt going to kill him and i dont worry about that person who said you need to feed him right they will get theres something will happen to the kid or kids and they need help and i hope they get a response as rude or ruder then what they said to you but the coffee should relax his bowels and allow him to poop if that dont work take a little bit of peppermint and caro and water and warm it up and shack it til it is mixed that should help to
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I will never understand most of the answers given when it comes to constipation. First Karo is not to be used for infants EVER it may contain botulism spores which is deadly in infants (please see Karo website for truth of statement). Second, I don't know about you but sticking something up the rectum would definitely be a last stitch effort. How do you feel when something the size of a few fingers is stuck up your bum? (Think about the size of your pinky in relation to the size of an INFANT's orifice) Have you tried massage?  bicycling of the legs? prunes or any pitted fruit (ie poopy food)? juice? warm water? warm bath? stopping iron infused cereals?

Anonymous

• I agree with the post above, I would never put Karo in my son's bottles, and I would NEVER stick a FINGER in his rectum either. I, on the other hand, do suggest rectal stimulation, but instead of finger I would use a themometer with a little vaseline on the end.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt do the Karo. Instead, if he is eating cereal or bananas righ now I'd lay off of those for awhile. My 6mo son is doing the same thing except for its a side effect from some medz he is on. Try 2oz of water and 2oz of apple juice, prunes, and even squash. Its been working for us! Good Luck!
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2008