How Is this Name For a Boy?!?!

How is the name Leonidas sound, it is pronounced Leo-ni-dass... Is it horrible!?! Be honest lol I think it's a bold and strong name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It sounds like a disease
    Anonymous

• dont like the name either. but if you want to name your child like that, then you will have a reason for it. and you have to love it. nobody else :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Honest? OK..Sweetie, I don't particularly care for it but if you do then that's what's most important : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• not unless you want the poor guy to get his butt kicked during his school years
    Anonymous

• I think if you go with that name, by the time he is making friends he will ONLY want to be called "Leo!" If you like Leo as a name, then name him Leo...or if you LOVE this name, make it his MIDDLE name!
    Anonymous

• It is very bold, that's for sure. As I'm sure you know, he was the king of Sparta who led the heroic Battle of Thermopylae.

I would think of how this name would grow with your child--from baby to toddler to childhood and teenage years and as that of a young man. If you think it will fit, then use it. However, I do think this name may be the cause of some teasing. Also, it's a very big name to live up to. . .Maybe he'd decide to be a (just tossing this out there) gardener and resent the fact that you named him "Lion's Son."

All in all, it's your decision but I think there are some valid things to think about before using it. I bet it would be an awesome middle name though!
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 6:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Not my top pick, but a unique name. What does it mean?
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Its source is a Greek expression meaning "Son of the lion." It also is known to stand for "One who possesses a lion's boldness."

Anonymous

• I like the name

Leonidas I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oct 18, 2007 ... Leonidas (Greek: Λεωνίδας; "Lion's son", "Lion-like") was a king of Sparta, the 17th of the Agiad line, one of the sons of King Anaxandridas ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonidas_I -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Im sorry but I dont like it....But this is just my opinion...Its your baby :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008