Is she nuts!!!

I have a girlfriend that despises cleaning (as do I) and is constantly complaining that her DH never chips in at home even though she stays home and he works. He doesn't like to clean either (shocker right?) so as a surprise Christmas present he hired a cleaning service to come in once a week for the next year. He hired them to start today to help out for the holidays and on top of it he made an appt for her to get a manicure and a pedicure at the spa before the holiday for the time the cleaning lady would be there so she could just come home to a clean house!

I think this has to be the most thoughtful man on the planet!!! SHE IS MAD!!! She thinks its a way for him to get out of doing things around the house...yeah, well maybe, but it helps her more because IMO if she is home she should be doing the bulk of it anyway. If my SO ever did something like that he would be drained of bodily fluids right now! I'm shocked!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Talk about a high maintenance women, who is hard to please!

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 6:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ok, I'm really flabbergasted by this. I mean does she like to fight?! He, not only eliminated the source of a major argument in their home, but also got both of them out of doing something they hate. They have the money...she didn't even bring that up as a concern...she just wants him to be the one that does it! I don't care if my SO cleans, if he "makes it happen" that I come home from the spa and my house is clean, I would be over the moon with excitement!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Sounds like a good natured gift to me. Shoot, I wish I could pay for a cleaning service. I despise cleaning and even though I do it, I hate every second of it.

She may say "He's only doing it so he doesn't have to help out." because she's feeling defensive. I think deep down she knows that it is her main job to keep the house and it makes her feel guilty. I think once she realizes how much it does help she'll be able to get into the swing of things and housekeeping will become easier and not as depressing as it is now.

Anyways...If her husband has any extra money, let him know he could buy me cleaning service for a year. I wouldn't be mad! =)
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 5:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• WOW!! What a b!tch!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 5:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yes she's nuts! He may have realized that it was unfair for him to expect her to clean is he does not. Sounds like there is more underlining problems that she is not admitting to. Heck if I had extra money I would hire a cleaning service to get out of cleaning too.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 5:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• She's MAD????!!! Seriously? Well you know what Im pissed off too my husband bought me a new beautiful wedding ring for christmas and thats just his way of telling me the other one wasnt good enough! ROTFLMAO!! She is NUTS that is an awesome awesome gift woooow I would be SOOOO STOKED!!! Some women need to pull their heads out of their asses and be grateful! Wow I really am in shock, and kinda jealous lol what a nice thing for her hubby to do!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think that would be the most AWESOME present! And....I don't mind cleaning! But I sure could use some help once a week! I can't believe your friend is mad about it it ~ that doesn't make much sense. And she thinks that her DH is trying to get out of cleaning? From your questions...it sounds like she's been doing the same thing...no offense. Maybe she's of the mind set that she would need to clean before the maid came to clean....LOL, IDK but hey, if she doesn't want the maid...send her on over to my house...I wouldn't be mad...LOL!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 6:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• umm he can send them over to my house...I would be happy with that gift. I have told my dh a million times that I would love that. I HATE cleaning and that would be a great gift for me. I think she is being stupid if she doesnt enjoy this.
    Christiansmom17

Answer by Christiansmom17 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No kidding! I am looking at my sty of a house knowing that before tomorrow afternoon it needs to be clean for company and you see the progress I'm making as I sit here at the computer! If I could leave and come back with my nails and toes done to a house that had magically cleaned itself...I mean...wow...my SO would have to fight me off him.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'll marry him LOL
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2008