Depression

I have been feeling rally depressed throughout this whole pregnany I'm now 32 weeks. I haven't talked to my Dr. about it yet, and now it's really getting to me. my next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks. SHould I get an appointment just for that? What Dr. would I talk to about it? Dose anyone know if there is anything they can do to help me with it. Counseling dose not work and can't afford it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think you should definetly get help and make an appointment and usually there are states that have the 211 call option and they refer you to stuff like that and can get you free counceling or free medication. I think you should definetly get help now because after you have your baby I heard it gets much worse. Its great that you know you need the help and trying to take action to do so. I wish you well.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i would get on a low dose of zoloft cause its not healthy to be so depressed. Zoloft is the best thing while pregnant. i delt with lots of depression while pregnant (didnt get meds) and got horrible postpartum depression and i had wished i would have started on medicine sooner. if you need anyone to talk to msg me because i can totally relate. hope you feel better.
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 5:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• do you know which hospital you are going to deliver at? if you have depression problems durring pregnancy or/and after pregnancy they actually have people there that can help you through it.
    Its not counceling - its more of just someone to help you get things out and put things into perspective.
    Definentally would tell my doc how i was feeling, just so they know.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Make sure you tell your Doc. and PLEASE try not to be so depressed it might take a toll on your baby.
    Make your self smile about ANYTHING - you know like your baby!!!! BE happy theres gunna be a lil you around ! :)
    TN-FOOR

Answer by TN-FOOR at 12:55 AM on Dec. 25, 2008