What does ovulation feel like?

I was suppossed to ovulate sunday or monday but today i am getting kinda dull shooting pains in my lower abdomen and i was wondering if maybe i was wrong and am ovulating today? Does anyone else ever notice anything like this when they ovulate?

Asked by zimmtobe at 5:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• i never feel anything when im ovulating. every woman is different.

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ever since I've had kids I can tell when I ovulate. It's like a swollen achy pain for me. Not necessarily crampy like when you're having your period, but not comfortable either. I feel bloated also.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Just be yourself and I don't believe you feel anything you just do (ovulate) or get you one of those ovulating test. I personally would wait til you see a clear discharge that looks like egg white then I believe is when you are ovulating but that is just me. If you are trying to get pregnant don't concentrate too much on it let it happen just relax and don't be so anxious. It will happen sooner or later

• when i ovulate theres no pain. but let me put it like this my dischareg is really really thick and creamy and dont stop all day.

Answer by Wytegirl at 1:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• For some people Ovulation pain is before, some are during and some are after Ovulation. These pains are called Mittelschmerz....

Answer by stannseniors at 5:03 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I know exactly when I ovulate lol...i get some cramps and slightly bloated.

Answer by HealthyMom27 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 2, 2009