Healthy foods with cals?

I was on a hardcore diet before I found out I was pregnant where I ate 1000 cals a day. My stomach is smaller now and so I get filled up easier. But I know I'm not eating enough for the baby AND myself.
Anyone know of a healthy diet that will get me and the baby what we need but not have me feeling gross?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you are still early in I wouldn't worry about it. Just eat when you are hungry. Try eating several snacks a day instead of 3 meals. You really only need 300-500 calories extra a day. And that baby will get what it needs but if you're not taking enough in you might not. Give it time though... it wasn't till about 6 months that I really started eating anymore then usual and I was a picky and light eater. I gained... actually lost weight in the begining ( I never had morning sickness either) but by midway I was putting on the punds and eating more. My baby came out perfectly healthy.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• check out what to expect when you are expecting. there is a pregnancy diet in there. you can also google it and find good stuff. babycenter.com has a good one.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 6:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• if you are getting full on what you are eating then you are fine. you technically arent "eating for 2" thats not how much you should be consuming.
    definentally the "what to expect when you are expecting" has a great set of guidelines - but i dont suggest overeating because you are worried that baby isnt getting enough.
    http://www.bloomingbody.com/pregdiet.html
    How much more do I need to eat? The answer to this question is, truly, not much more - at least not in terms of calories. During the first trimester, your calorie requirements are the same as pre-pregnancy. From about 13 weeks onward, your calorie requirements are about 300 calories above your normal intake. What is very important is the quality of these calories.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Diet during pregnancy

www.BabyFit.com      Get A 100% Free Prenatal Diet Plan! Eat Right For a Healthy Pregnancy.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Pregnancy Diet

www.happyhealthypregnancy.com      A favorite resource for the latest Pregnancy diet. Visit now!

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Creating a Pregnancy Diet: Healthy Eating During Pregnancy

Get advice on healthy eating and good nutrition during pregnancy, and learn what pregnant women should eat and what foods pregnant women should avoid.
    www.webmd.com/baby/guide/pregnancy-healthy-eating -
    vbruno

• Oh- I forgot to add. A normal persons diet is between 2000 to 2300 cals a day. Thats why Im trying to adding more cals because I was already eating under the norm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 24, 2008