for greenbean cassorole can i use cream of chicken instead of cream of mushroom??

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• You can use ANY type of cream soup for green bean casserole the taste will differ but change is good. Even cream of asparagus is good.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't see why not... I would prefer cream of mushroom, though... but that's because I am a huge mushroom fan. Can you do cream of chicken and add fresh mushrooms cooked in?
    SummerBug

Answer by SummerBug at 6:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• well i wanted to do this because for xmas dinner i'm bring a green bean cassorole but im out of cream of mushroom but have lots of cream of chicken so i was just being cheap/lazy so i wouldn't have to go buy any lol. and so we don't have any mushrooms..
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The taste will be extremely different. Cream of chicken has a saltier taste too. I would grab the cream of mushroom.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:15 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It should be fine. It might be worth even using cream of chicken for the change of taste.

Answer by Bmat at 7:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yes you can and it's really good with the cream of chicken too! adds a little more flavor. I like using the cream of chicken and herb.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I always use Cream of Chicken. I usually make a big batch of green bean casserole and most times I'll use a can of cream of chicken and a can of cream of mushroom. One of my Aunts does hers with sourcream and those are yummy too!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 27, 2008