Does anyone else feel like they moved out of their parents house and got married/ or had a baby right away and now they have to live by hubbys rules?

I couldn't wait til i an adult and could make my own decisions. Well I pregnant and moved out at 18 got married at 19 and now i feel like i have to ask my hubby before i do something (which yeah thats marriage) But I LOVE yorkies. They are my favorite dog and i have wanted one since i've moved out. But he always tells me NO. Well i found some AKC puppies for 200-400 dollars CHEAP!! And he says no and won't even consider it. He's also done this about a cat i wanted too!!! It just irritates me!! How do I convince him, I hate feeling like a little kid asking mommy and daddy if i can get something!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Having a pet should be a family decision in my opinion. It's got to be potty trained, walked, and is a lot of responsibility. Some people just aren't pet people... is he? Maybe it's the idea of how much money it would cost? If that's it, maybe you could keep a watch at the animal shelter for one, or choose a different pet and save a life at the same time. With a 9 month old tho, just in my experience, I'd not have an inside pet right now. I tried it and when the puppy pooped and my baby spotted it before me and had it in her hand fixen to eat it, I got there at break neck speed and promptly found a new home for the puppy (which I paid about $300 for)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• That would make me feel like a child too, but, I don't ask since I am an adult, I just do. I am 49 years old and no one is going to tell me what to do, except my boss.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I know that is how it is marriage but don't look at it that way sooner or later he will give in. Or maybe he is waiting for the family to expand and then he'll think about an animal. I think he should let you have what you want if that is what u want. but having a pet is alot of responsibility.
    Maybe he doesn't want to spend the money. But just wait and see what happens. After your baby you might be too busy for the little creature you get. (the pet that is) you might change ur mind later.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Some woman answer to their husbands and some don't I respect the ones that respect their man especially if he is a good man.
    Anonymous

• he's wonderful. and he isn't controlling at all but i just wish i could feel like an adult and make some decisions i feel like a little kid. and our son is 9 months old so i know we would be fine. i had a yorkie at my parents house but its theirs so its still there and i miss having a little furry friend.
    Anonymous

• I moved out and got married at 18 however I wore the pants in that relationship. lol Does he say why he dosent want the puppy? Financial? Dosent want to deal with a dog in the house there should be some kind of reason.. If its financial save up some money and buy it... Dont ask... If he just dosent like dogs or want to deal with one and he lives there too his opinion should matter.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Getting a dog is a family decision, not just yours... I wanted a dog, so my husband and I talked about it, and we decided together. My hubby and I have been married since we were 18... I don't "answer" to my husband, but I know he should be and is involved in every decision.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 6:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Did you think about the dog before you married him? Did you know this ahead of time? I hate to say that this is something you should have worked out first because I heard it a lot and it didn't make me feel any better, but maybe it's too late at this point.

That said, perhaps he's frustrated with the responsibilities of a baby and feels that a dog would only add to it. In that case, getting a dog would not only be bad for your relationship, but bad for the dog, too. Be patient, honey. Age changes people and perhaps he'll surprise you someday down the line. Just be happy you have your little one to snuggle with for now.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Maybe you all are not responsible enough to have a dog, house, car, family or any of that. The fact that you have to ask tells me that. If you are already married and have a place of residence, and a family, then maybe that is enough to take on at this time. Economics is down for the nation and now is not the time play Paris Hilton. As far as hubby and rules...yeah it happens, but its a compromise and no one should feel like they are being ruled or controlled. Maybe you will have everything you want in time. Don't rush and don't push the man too hard...push him--just not too hard.
    QueenAdeela

Answer by QueenAdeela at 7:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• you shouldnt have to ask him like your a child!! no way would i ever do that you! better tell him you guys are a TEAM and you decide together!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008