Sleeplessness...

I know when it gets closer to the end you loose sleep....but does it get so bad that you cannot sleep without meds and haven't slept in over a week? I called my doctor and they said to take tylenol pm. So i did, and without it I cannot sleep. I have tired everything. I don't like taking something Ican become dependant on. Its not that i have to pee a lot or heartburn and I can get comfy so I don't know why i cannot sleep....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its very normal to not be able to sleep - if you are uncomfortable with taking the tylenol then dont i am sure it was just a way for the doc to suggest something to help your situation *not something they expect you to do*
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 6:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It sounds like anxious nerves of knowing whats coming after the baby is born. Try hot showers before bed and meditation to clear your mind so your brain dosnt keep runing on and on.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You're anxious! I was up all the time towards the end... I usually worked on the baby's room. Sized clothes so I wouldn't have to dig through them later... decorate... things like that. Or read... sometimes reading helped me fall asleep because it made my eyes tired.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I drank warm milk and it worked for me, but I drank it with my hot choc.
    determind

Answer by determind at 9:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008