Feedings

How much should Gauge be eating a day? Like how far apart should his bottles be? And how many times a day should I feed him baby food? And how much?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 6:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it depends on the baby... but my 5 month old is breastfed and eats about every 3 hours still. When he takes bottles he takes 4 oz at a time... and I'm guessing takes about 28-32 oz/day.
    My son is getting baby food 2 times/day. He gets rice in the morning around 10 and then before bed... for a total of 3-4 TBS
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• whenever he's hungry. you should start picking up on the signs. it's usually 2-4 hours, depending on the baby. ask your pediatrician to be sure.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Put baby to the breast whenever baby is hungry. You never have to worry about amounts, baby always takes the perfect amount at the breast.

Anonymous

• Anon- It sounds like her son is bottlefed... and at 5 months it's unlikely that he will be breastfeeding if he hasn't been all along. But I guess with an answer like that I wouldn't put my name to it either... then everyone will know who posted such a stupid answer.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Ohhh that's right because what goes in the bottle has to be formula, right? There is a 50% chance that it is breastmilk so assuming that the only acceptable answer is one where formula is involved ... well I am sure you know what they say about assuming. This way mama has the answer whether it be formula or breastmilk. Finally, you are the one (once again) assuming that the answer somehow meant relactation which was never once mentioned or implied. Please step back before you decide to regulate the type of answers given to posts.

Anonymous

• He is bottle fed. He takes about 7 to 9 oz every time he eats and hes eating every 4-5 hours. Which seems like a lot to me. I feed him baby food once a day,mostly in the late afternoon. He takes two containers. Veggie then fruit.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 11:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2008