I'm in a pickle! What should I do? Help!

I'm on a kickball team. Tournaments are going on right now. It's the last game of the season. I LOVE Fridays! Tonight we play at nine!

The problem is, we are really tight on money. I just got offered a gig at the coleseum! It pays really well! It's at 930! I feel so guilty but I REALLY need that money and this could lead to other gigs! What do I do? I feel so bad. I'm letting people down!

Asked by Musicmom80 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I know it sucks to feel like your letting your team down... but work has to come before play. I'd feel the same way!!

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:16 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• Let's see, what is more important to you. Winning a kickball tournament, or earning money for your family?
    You gotta do what you gotta do. I would feel worse about letting my family down.

Answer by Candi1024 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• You have to do what is best for you and your family. GL Mama!

Answer by Brandi300 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• Can the team play without you? Do they have enough players if you are not there? Are you the best player on the team?

I would probably take the gig, your family needs the money, that is more important than a game.

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:08 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• I think that I would go to the gig because because I would fell worse if it I let my family down vs letting down a kickball team. The kick ball team isn't gonna take care of you family...the gig will

Answer by ladyjwilliams at 12:13 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• Kickball is a game. Your financial health is way more important.

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:17 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• Look at it this way - how would you feel if one of the members of your kickball team were faced with the same situation? What would you tell them to do?

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:49 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• 9:30 gig! Family comes always first.

Answer by MaluBullock at 12:19 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• I just feel bad because it's so last minute and they don't have a sub player. Has to be a certain number of women to men. I know the cash is much needed. But is wrong to feel bad at the same time? I'm probably doing the show.

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Aug. 12, 2011

• I understand you feel bad momma but your kids need to eat. You need the money for the family. I don't see any other option here.

Answer by zoomomto3 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 12, 2011