different colors?

How do we know that we all don't see diffrent colors? I mean I
could see a green crayon,To me this might look purple and to you it might
look red. But we were both brought up saying it was green.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• OMG I always wondered that! I even tried to ask someone once but they just looked at me like I was crazy for thinking of something like that lol. I have no idea though. It's weird! Good to know I'm not the only one who ever thinks of crazy stuff like this though lol. I really thought I was!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Actually, I don't see certain shades of green correctly so it very well be a purple crayon, well brown anyway.

Definition isn't truth it's fact. A general consensus decides over time that something is what it is. Someday it be very be that the consensus says that it is something else. The truth is it may have  have been something else entirely, long long ago.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• im lost.!!lol so r u saying the sky is pink 4 u?
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 6:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Get out of my head! I asked my mom about that when I was young, and to prove my point I taught my next to the youngest brother his colors backwards. Just because he thought grass was "red" didn't make it any less "green." I think it's the same way, we see the sky. We call it "blue." But I might be seeing what you call "purple." I totally get it.

lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i used to ask that same question when i was younger.
    marci2babies

Answer by marci2babies at 7:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well, this is true. All languages call colors different names, clearly. In spanish, yellow is the color of jealousy instead of green. Things like this vary from language to language.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• And for that matter WHY do so many different things taste just like Chicken? Like Rattle snake, and alligator and frog legs? Just to name 3.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008