I am 9 wks pregnant and also have been dealing with polyps in my gall bladder. Has anyone ever dealt with this?

jacquelynlb

Asked by jacquelynlb at 6:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Health

• I didn't deal with that but I had to have my gall bladder removed after my child was born. I was told it's very common postpartum, to have that done. The pregnancy likely effects digestion and the gall bladder takes the brunt of fat digestion and cholesterol removal I think. Hope a diet helps you address that rather than surgery at any time.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I had my gallbladder out June 2nd, 2000, my oldest daughter was born January 29th 2001. Do the math and it will tell you that I was 2 months pregnant when I had my gallbladder removed!!!! Let me tell you, that was the most scary next 7 months of my life! have never heard of polyps on a gallbladder before, but if they are half as painful as having a gallbladder attack, I feel for you sweetheart! Just keep in touch with your doctor and keep him or her posted of progress and or regression of your condition and I am sure he or she will do their idol best to keep you comfortable and pain free for the next 7 months. And remember, you DON'T want to be in massive amounts of pain at any point in your pregnancy as this can throw you into premature labor. There are some prescribed pain medications that a woman CAN safely take during pregnancy, they don't like to do it but sometimes there is no other option.
    momma_mack

Answer by momma_mack at 12:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2008