I think I just need my spirts brightened?

So today I found out I am not allowed to travel anywhere far over the holidays. I was to go to my hometown, which is 2 1/2 hours away, on Friday till Saturday. My DR doesn't feel it is safe to do because of what is going on. I call to tell my mom and she gets pissy with me and it did not help me in anyway. I cannot help what is going on. I know that she is just upset that things are not going to go the way she planed an was hoping to have my whole family there. I really want to be there as well, but what can I do. So my dad calls to talk and my mom will not talk to me tonight, she didn't offer so I am getting the silent treatment I guess, but my dad just thinks that the DR is over reacting and that since my one DR is actually an hour away that two hours is not a big deal. Part of me wants to go so bad, and the other part of me thinks I better listen and be a good girl. Argh... I am ruining Christmas!

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 6:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i dont know whats going on and i dont know how far along you are either. But cheerup and do what you think is right. If your not the one driving and there is a hospital close by where you will be then maybe it would be ok but like i said i dont know whats going on. Use your best judgement.
    Anonymous

• If you're pregnant and your doctor ordered you not to travel because of complications or whatever. Then of course, it's out of your hands and it's not your fault. With my first pregnancy, I had complications the first 4 months and was not allowed to travel. I'm sorry your mom is not understanding, you aren't ruining Christmas, don't think that. She's being selfish...she should come see you, since you cannot travel.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Hope you have a very merry Christmas and I hope your mom gets over it and calls you back. She shouldn't act like that with you being stuck at home.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• wow that sucks cant they come to your house this year and if your doctor is an hour away then i dont think it would hurt but you do need to rest before you go and make sure you stop alot along the way thats what i did my doctor told me not to travel for thanksgiving last year and i did it was a 3 and half hour trip and nothing happened so i say go for it just make arrangements with the hospital there just incase good luck and merry christmas
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 6:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am 3cm dilated, 40% effaced, -2 station. My ultrasound did not go well today, I have been contractions off and on and they are showing up on the non-stress test. My endocrinologist is the DR that is an hour away I see them every 2 weeks not every week like my OB. They said that with Gestational diabetes things can happen much quicker than with my first two pregnancies, and I usually have fast deliveries. So I do not know. I am just kinda upset. This has not been an easy pregnancy for me by any means.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You are not ruining Christmas... you can never be to safe when it comes to that baby! Your mom might be upset and I can understand that but its not your fault and she shouldn't take it out on you. Just remember its one bad day... tomorrows a new day and hopefully a better one... and if not there is a day after that day. Try making your bed in the morning... it always helps my day start off good :) just a little up lifter.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008