How often should I feel fetal movement?

I am 20 weeks preg and a few weeks ago I was feeling alot of movement but now-hardly anything. I know at the end the baby is cramped so the movement is less but at 20 weeks? i am scared that on the 5th they are going to tell me my baby died. I am afraid to call my doc-they will say go to the er and I am just afraid...Does someone have answers about what type of movement is normal for 20 weeks? ty

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 6:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• AT 20 weeks movement isn't regular and some people might not even be feeling baby at all yet You're fine. Fetal movement isn't regular untill about 27 weeks or so, then you can do kick counts.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• depending on babys postion you wont always feel real strong movements. If your are really worried lay on your left side or propt up on your back drink some cold ice water and count fetal movements you should have 10 every in a hour. Im sure things are ok so relax.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm sure your baby is just fine. Don't worry so much mama. Not everyone feels their baby move all the time. The closer you get, when you're in your 3rd trimester is when the doctor will tell you how often you should feel kicks.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Every baby is different I am, pregnant with my 2nd and both kids were extremely active but I have friends that hardly feel their baby, its when you don't feel them at all for a long period of time that you should be worried and get checked out IMO
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 6:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i had that happen to me to i was 24 weeks and my daughter was really active for a week and then for about a month and a half she was still i went to the er like 19 times just make sure and everytime they would tell me to go home and rest her heart beat always kept getting stronger so if you are really freaked out about it go to the er or tom call your doc and ask them to make your appointment sooner if they can
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i JUST posted a question for the same issue today ha... weird...

But i was thinkin the same thing... that my baby passed and im gonna give a still birth cause i feel movement everyday and she is usually active when i wake up and eat and stuff and she wasnt at all today... so finally i posted a question on here n they told me to drink cold juice and lay down...dont move and see if she reacts.... well i tried but than got tied up doing stuff... honestly it slipped my mind about her movement and she just started moving.... juss relax everything is ok!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• im 25 weeks.... but honestly just try the juice thing... and sometimes i tap lightly on my stomach and she responds to it.... also.. i think they sense wen we know they are moving lol...so just try not to stress over it... if u get REALLY worried... juss call ur doc... this is my first baby so i have my doc on speed dial lol.... i call him about everything... but id rather be safe than sorry ya kno. let me kno if ur baby moves!
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Every once and a while, usually at night I feel a little flutter on my left side, but it is so different than the movement of a few weeks ago-lots of kicks and stuff. I am going to call my doc in the morning. I really appreciate the support ladies! ty
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008