I went to the doctor today and I am 2 centimeters Dilated and she said my cervix is far back is that bad?

Suzzii

Asked by Suzzii at 7:00 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• why did you not ask your OB when she told you that?!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It's not bad, but your not that close to labor just yet. Your cervix needs to move down for labor to start.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:19 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Mine never did move up so I had to have a c-section. With either one. And now this time I am 36weeks and it still hasnt moved up. But then again they already scheduled another c-section. I have heard that it still can come forward but like I said it never did for me.

I think you should talk to your Dr. about it. I just wonder why they didnt tell you when you were there if it would affect anything.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 7:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008