Baby shower thank you notes

My DH's sister sent thank you postcards that she expects me to use for baby gifts. I won't even be having the shower for 3 months. She is the type that likes to control everything and tried to take over our house when her family was visiting at Christmas 2 years ago. I didn't ask her to make the postcards or even ask for advice. I was planning on picking my own thank you cards. It's my first and will most likely be my last pregnancy. Do I have to use the postcards she sent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• use them for her and buy the ones you want for everyone else =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If it's not too late, pretend you never received them!
    Anonymous

• Yeah just send them to the people she is likely to ask. And use yours for other people. God people are so annoying sometimes! Or spill something on the accidentally!
    Anonymous

• no you dont have to use them make something happen to them so that you can tell her that they got ruined i know that thats a lie but which is worse you being unhappy on one of the important days in your life or her getting her way as what you made it seem again?? your the only one that really knows but i hope that helped
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• on THEM accidentally, I mean.
    Anonymous

• just tell her that you already bought cards if none of the other ideas work out ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Or tell her she's too late ... you already picked some!
    Anonymous

• I just don't know why someone would think that's OK! to buy someone else thank u cards. jeez...
    Anonymous

• my mom bought my cards for me but thats because she threw me the party and knew i wouldn't care she even pre addressed them for me =) i love my mommy
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 7:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I wouldn't use them. Just tell her thanks but no thanks.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 23, 2008