What would you put in a goody bag for a luau themed b-day?

My daughter is turning 7 and wants to have a pool party and we're kind of doing a luau-type theme since she likes all the flowers... Any suggestions for what I can slap in those goody bags that the guests will take home?

swrockhead

Asked by swrockhead at 3:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A lei (sp?), beach ball, water gun, jewelry or hair stuff with a hibiscus flower on it, sarong, I've seen cups at party city that have the tropical flower on them, maybe just fill it with candy and use that as the gift bag itself.
    Here are some websites that had some cool stuff:
    www.orientaltrading.com
    www.partycity.com
    Hope these help
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I actually googled and got some ideas:
    Tropical Sun Visor (adjustable), Tropical Fan, Inflatable Beach Ball, Fish "Squirt" Ring, Tropical Puzzle, Tropical Sticker, Tropical Temporary Tattoo, tropical bubbles.

1boy1girl4me

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I got that Oriental Trading Co. catalog, but was torn between like 50 ideas - I was thinking about using a cup as a goody bag and maybe getting some small stuff to cram in it. Thanks for the suggestions!!
    swrockhead

Answer by swrockhead at 4:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• chapstick/ lip gloss
    polaroid of the group of them
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:16 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I throw a summer party every year and our theme has been always been along the lines of luau and beach. I usually throw it towards the end of summer vaca. and I usually put in bubbles, notepad, pencils, crayons, squirt guns tattoos and candy.
    Some ideas for during the party are to have the quest (depending on how many) do sand art and maybe make their own leis. You can buy supplies at WalMart,your local craft/hobby shop. As the guest walk in if you're not going to have them make their own leis have your daughter great them buy saying Aloha and handing them a lei. I hope she has a great party. Happy Birthday!
    VidaH

Answer by VidaH at 11:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I have a personalized party favors business, if you are interested in giving a usable "gift" as a party favor instead of the usual junkola! http://www.you-name-it.biz I give a 10% discount to CafeMom moms! :-)
    zimbalison

Answer by zimbalison at 7:54 AM on Jul. 25, 2008