Somehow took my pills wrong...Could it cause this?

It has been 3 to 4 weeks or so since I actually had sex. I am taking Yasmin (actually the generic of Yasmin) and he pulled out WAY before he ejaculated. He was not using a condom.

Sometime during the last week of my pack of pills I ended up taking two in one day or my 2 year old somehow got one out of the pack or something...Anyway...During the week I was supposed to have my period, I did, but it was light. It continued the whole week but wasn't as heavy as usual.

I was wondering if this could be a side effect of not taking that last day of my pills or if I need to go get a pregnancy test?

To clarify, I am on day 3 of my new pack of pills so I just had my period

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I personally wouldn't be worried if it was the last pill of the pack.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If you are concerned then I would pick up a test. If your pills aren't taken correctly yes you can become pregnant--even if you did have a period and it was light.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You can become pregnant if you miss a day. Oh and there is a thing called pre-cum. It can get you pregnant too. The pull-out method dont work.
    Anonymous

• I was just wondering how long the cum could stay in your system as I am aware that precum can make you pregnant b/c it was 2 or 3 weeks before the week of my period since I last had sex...
    Anonymous

• i personally dont think you are pregnant. but im not a doctor and i cant take a pregnancy test here with you.

but what im more concerned about it is, that you said "or my 2 year old somehow got one out of the pack".. you really need to watch your medicine (pills) a little better. lock them or something. out of reach for kids.. every package tells you that.

other than that. get a blood test done
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• only a few days. so if you had sex a few weeks before then you more then likely are not pregnant.
    Anonymous

• My daughter just turned 2. This is the only medicine I have in my entire house and I'm not used to her being able to climb so its kind of a new thing for her to be able to reach things. That pill missing (whether I took it or she got it out of the pack) was a real eye opener for me that I really need ot put it somewhere else! Thank you for that concern though!!!
    Anonymous

• If you started your period, 9 times out of 10 you are not pregnant. More often than none your fertile time is in the middle of Week 2 of your pack. Yasmin along with any other bc pill, is known for forcing you to have irregular cycles at times as does stressing over something, such as being pregnant or extreme emotional days (positive or negative) will cause changes in your cycle. Exercising will sometimes cause irregular cycles. Just stay on and if you notice the same problem talk to your doctor.
    toweringbeauty

Answer by toweringbeauty at 8:30 PM on Dec. 23, 2008