Doesn't it seem like they're just as judgemental themselves?

These people that sit around complaining that others are SO judgemental...sound like really judgemental people themselves!

I think everyone needs to learn to have a little more respect and tolerance for other people's beliefs. You can't label an entire group of people based on a handful.

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i agree I think just about everyone could learn to be a little more tolerant including myself
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I agree that sometimes the people who claim to be the most non-judgemental are actually making judgments all over the place. I wish people were as "good" at heart as most of us think we are kwim?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 7:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i agree, I'm agnostic, but was raised christian, and use to study wicca, and my grandmother was a JW. So I"ve learned a lot about religions and try not to be judgemental.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It's really hard not to be judgemental, when you're insecure in yourself. This is something I've struggled with for a very long time. I'd like to think I'm getting better, but I have no doubt I still have a long way to go.

LOL - depends on the topic, whether I'm "judgemental", I guess. Lots of things I've very flexible on, but some things are just non-negotiable to me. Sorry, pedophilia is one of the "non-negotiables".
    Redteux

Answer by Redteux at 10:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• All humans are judgemental...those who say they are not are liers haha. we make judgements everyday based on what we think we know. what i hate are those who feel it is their duty to tell the world their judgements like its the truth. i know the judgements i make, but im smart enough to keep those negative thoughts in my head instead of writing them down for all to see! i think a lot of ppl are confused as to what tolerance means...it isnt being okay with what everyone else is doing, its being able to accept that others aren't doing things "your" way & letting them do things their own way even if you don't agree with it. or as my DH says leaving others the hell alone.

however, i agree w/ Redteux that some ppl deserve the judgements we pass down; pedophiles, rapists, serial murders, etc.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Its one thing to be judgemental...its another thing to be a hypocrite in your judgement.

...thats what pisses me off.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• "The way to move out of judgment is to move into gratitude." - Neale Donald Walsch.

Be grateful for all the people and events that happen in your life and judgment will stop having a purpose.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:47 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Christians are not perfect. If anything the devil tries to test us more because we choose to follow Christ. Its hard to be good 100%. I dont think its even possible, but dude, as a christian, i try, :keyword: TRY.. to be good and kind.. Sometimes its hard not to be judgmental, but i gotta say that i really try not too be. I just try to be good and follow His word. But i am a sinner and i do repent for my sins..

humans are judgmental, main thing is to try to be fair or discreet about i to not hurt others ..
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I think Christians get the tag as being judgmental for the fact we stand up for the bible says. We believe the bible is absolute truth and will not back down. that frustrates alot of people that are not so sure in what they personally believe in.
    Anonymous

• I have been judgemental--so has every human being on the planet. The difference between me and others--we know who they are--is that if I find out that I have judged wrongly, I actually change my mind! And my judgement! Some would rather pull their own arm off than admit that they have judged in error!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:24 PM on Dec. 26, 2008