how will my husband and I know the right name for our baby

Im having a baby girl in Feb of '09 and my husband and I are having trouble picking names. he'll have one that he loves and i Hate and vise versa.

Im scared my child is going to be nameless please help.

spoiledcutie

Asked by spoiledcutie at 8:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait until she is born. I have a couple of friends that were in the same position and they just waited. After a couple of days they had no trouble picking out a name going by the baby's personality. GL and congrats!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband likes common names and I like unique names so we couldn't agree on anything. This is how we picked our daughter's name. I went to http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/ and just read off every single name I liked beginning with the A's. When I read one that he liked too, that's the name we used. It took quite a while. I got almost all the way through the N's before I read one that he liked too. Her name is Noël.

runawaybunny

Answer by runawaybunny at 8:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I would make a list of names you like and he should do the same. If you don't like a name... why? Maybe it's something you can compromise on... for example if you LOVE the name Helen... and he HATES it... maybe he would like the name Helena.
    After you guys narrow down your list... bring a few names along and see what you think she looks like when she is born.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• We had my 2nd sons name picked out before he was born (Jeremy Alan). Our first look at and my DH and I both agreed...NOPE...He's a Wyatt Alan...smiles. We hadn't even thought of this name but it came to us when we saw him for the first time. It's so befitting of him : ) Don't stress ~ you'll know when it's time : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The name that you have had in your head since day one, maybe something you said you were going to use when you were younger and before you knew you were going to have children, before I had my son over 8 years ago I knew that if he was a she the name would be Alexis Rene. He then turned out to be our little man 7 years later I had a little girl and went through every name I could think of, hundreds and what did we end up with Alexis Rene.
    determind

Answer by determind at 9:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My husband and I went through the same thing with one of our daughter's, we didn't agree on a name until I was in labor and I refused to give birth until she had a name.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• you both will eventually come to an agreement. you have up to 30 days after the baby is born, i believe or at least until you leave the hospital. good luck!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• my hubby wanted to name our girl kathrine scarlet from gone with the wind..i didnt want kathrine then he wanted isabela,so we went with izabelle scarlet...http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/ <--heres popular baby names http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/ this website is great
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 3:01 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Keep going over names, and then pick just a few that you both like (or aren't totally opposed to). My hubby and I had narrowed it down to 5 names, and when we saw him, he looked like a Jonah (one of our names). Much to my hubby's dismay... he was rooting for Jack! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2008