Is this true?

Mu husband told me today that once semen is exposed to air that it dies and can't get you pregnant. I told him he was full of it. Who's right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• it dies once its exposed 2air . . . just bc u pull out doesnt mean u cant get pg though
    Anonymous

• Not true! If it died once it was exposed to air, how could they test it with a semen analysis? Didn't anybody listen in health class?
    holykids

Answer by holykids at 8:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Haha apparently he didn't. He told me that he knew that was right because he missed that question on a test in HS.
    Anonymous

• It is live an viable untill is drys crusty (sorry, tmi) lol
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I don't know exactly when it dies, but I know it's not when air hits it. Otherwise, there would be no way for them to test men's fertility, there would be no sperm banks. I mean, not to be graphic, but those guys don't get air-tight containers to put it in when they donate or give a sample for testing.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Hmmm...A possible topic for a CSI episode? LOL.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I dh says it dies when it is exposed to air.
    Anonymous

• i was gonna agree with your husband..but then after reading tropicalmama's answer..i dunno...lol..cuz i never thought of that...lol..but i do believe i was always told otherwise..maybe not like RIIGHT away..but eventually...i dunno..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• No air doesn't kill it. It just dies when it falls to a certain temperature.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I googled it! LOL the wiki answer is - Does semen die when it reaches air? Answer
    this is a old wives tale. no it doesn't. it doesn't die until it completely dries out. if you research this issue, you will see this said through out.

MommyJen

Answer by MommyJen at 9:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008