My 18 month old refuses to drink milk!

We tried Chocolate milk and Strawberry milk as well but she will only drink juice. I know she needs the calcium.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd was like that until recently (shes 2 yrs 8 months) I bought calcium fortified orange juice - my pedi said that would be a good replacement - will she dirnk the oj?
    sahm2shaina

Answer by sahm2shaina at 8:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Feed her calcium rich foods instead. Milk isn't as good as the government would like you to think. It's linked to all sorts of health problems.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have an 18mth old as well and we were thinking the whole milk was making her constipated, so our solution was to take her off of the milk and I was concerned about her not getting the calcium as well and my doc said as long as she was eating yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese those types of dairy products then she would be ok.
    determind

Answer by determind at 9:23 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• There really isn't all THAT much calcium in milk anyway. You can get calcium through other things like broccoli, peas, sesame seeds, baked beans, etc. A child only needs 500 mg per day from ages 1-3.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 9:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• THANK YOU MOMS FOR ALL THE SUGGESTIONS!!!
    kayki

Answer by kayki at 9:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2008