anyone have children that had tubes put in there ear have ear infections again?

my son had tubes put in his ears on august 21st and he got a ear infection on dec. 19th. why would he catch a ear infection so quickly anyone know? and i thought the tubes were supposed to less frequent with tubes so why does he have one already? can anyone help me.

greenegurls

Asked by greenegurls at 8:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter had tubes put in her ears 10/07. They are still in now and since then she has had about 5 ear infections. The good thing is that with tubes the infections clears up so fast. Plus they can use ear drops instead of oral medication. My pediatrician and ENT both said that it is common in some kids just because of the way their ear canal is formed but that they usually grow out of it. My daughter has not had an ear infection in about 6 months. Hopefully this will help give some insight.
    singlemom5481

Answer by singlemom5481 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• The tubes do not prevent infections--they help the ears drain properly. I have 3 kids---ALL--of whom have tubes. The tubes help to cut down, but do not stop the infections. I thought this to because with my oldest she did not get infections until they fell out, but my son had a couple, and my 2 year old had more. She has one tube out now, and has had 2 infections so I think she will get tubes again soon.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i had tubes in my hears about fourteen years ago and i used to get them sooo much and after i had tubes i never had one again
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son had tubes put in when he was 9 months old. He had another infection when he was 10 months old but then he didn't get another one until he was 2 1/2. He just turned 3 and hasn't had one since. The tubes help but don't prevent infection.
    DeeGillette

Answer by DeeGillette at 8:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008