Sick Baby???

So I took my daughter to the pedi doc today. He checked her ears and said no to ear infection. Checked for RSV because she is coughing and is congested a little. That came back negative. So I have a baby that has a small cold. Anyway can I put Vicks Baby Rub on her? She is 4.5 months old. And if I do put Vicks on her can I still stick her next to the humidifier. Any help and advice is apprectiated.

Annette4797

Asked by Annette4797 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can use Vicks on her if you would like. I would use the baby Vicks. A humidifier in her room should help. If she is really congested use saline in her nose and then suck her nose with a bulb syringe. It might also help her breath to put her at an incline.... put a pillow under her mattress.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Will suctioning her help if she is having chest congestion? Her nose isn't stuffy at all.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I was told no vicks for baby's under a year old. Use cool mist humidifier, saline nose drops and nasal aspirator. you can also turn on your shower and let the water run on hot and shut your bathroom door so your baby can breathe in steam. i use johnson's vapor bath, supposedly safer than vicks under the nose or on chest. Good luck. Hope your baby feels better soon! Happy Holidays!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yes, it should help, might be chest congestion from post nasal drip, that can happen too.
    GreekMama28

• I did the hot shower and it seemed to help alot. I'm just scared its gonna turn into something worse. Thanks for all your help.
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008