My daughter wakes up crying, Please help!

My daughter is a happy child. Always smiling laughing playing. However whenever she wakes up from either a nap or the night she cries. She has been doing this for about a year now. She is 22 months. She has been sleeping in her own bed on her own since she was 5 months. I lay her in bed awake everynight and she falls asleep on her own without a problem. I have no clue why she is so upset when she wakes or what is causing it. Based on what I have read it doesn't appear to be night terrors. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

singlemom5481

Asked by singlemom5481 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe it's just hard for her to get up. I feel like crying when I have to get up too! LOL! She's probably just grumpy, it might just be her nature. As long as you know she is okay, there is no problems with that. She should grow out of it.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My first guess would be a sore throat if she sleeps with her mouth open. The soreness would go away quickly once she got up. Could something be scaring her in her room- although if she'll go to sleep easily it doesn't seem that it could be that. Could it be that she gets hungry when asleep? It couldn't be that she is accustomed to calling you in such a way to announce that she is ready to get up? If you are lying down with her as she falls asleep, perhaps your not being there when she wakes up is scaring her.

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I am hoping she grows out of it soon. When I put her to bed I say prayers with her and then goodnight. She happily waves to me saying "bye mommy". I keep water in her room for her to get a drink if she needs too. But I guess it could be a sore throat. I am just at my wits end because she is always so happy.
    singlemom5481

Answer by singlemom5481 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I have a similar issue. Hunter wakes crying from every nap and in the morning. Always tears with a "want mama". I can find no reason for why this is happening. it's been about four months though. Dr says it is nothing......breaks my heart though
    erikadonica

Answer by erikadonica at 10:32 PM on Dec. 23, 2008