I feel like a loser....

IM almost 33 weeks prgnant. I haven't been feeling well and it's getting hard to do things. My sweetheart has been doing EVERYTHING. He's wonderful :) My problem is I feel like im not doing anything and not taking care of him. He said he dosen't mind and I should stop woryying about it and he knows I can't do things cuz i'm pregnant and wants to take care of me. My question is why do I feel like like this? Also, What can I do to show him how much I really apperciate him?

Jennyv143

Asked by Jennyv143 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• This is so normal hon. Your hormones are all out of whack. If your SO doesn't mind helping out then enjoy it. Relax. If you want to help then help.

Is there something your SO really likes that you can surprise him with?
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It's normal to feel this way esp. as you get further along and have even a harder time doing even the most basic things. Be thankful you have a good guy and thank him for it when he does something. People forget how much just a simple thank you can matter.
    How bout ordering some take out, lighting some candles and declaring a do nothing but be together night? Watch a movie snuggle on the couch and leave the dishes in the sink. You'd be amazed at how much better you feel after doing nothing all night. Maybe even well enough to say thank you in body language, hehe.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Let him help out if he is willing and happy to. It will make him feel as if he is contributing toward the development and birth of his child. It is also good training for after the birth when all of the help will be especially appreciated. As far as showing him how much you appreciate him. Smile, hug him, tell him.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• you're not the first woman to feel like this. It's normal to feel bad about being laid up, but it really is what's best. Be thankful that you do have such a loving and respectful man that takes such good care of you. Remember that even if it doesn't look like it, you are doing a lot of work. It's not easy creating life inside your body! Just let your guy take care of you for now. You'll have your hands more than full soon enough.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I would love the help. I am 34 weeks, and let me tell you I have three kids to boot, and he doesn't really help much. Though my kids the older ones have been wonderful!! I feel bad when I ask them to help, but tell yourself that if you don't take it easy now, just think of how it's going to be in 7 weeks when we have our kids. It will be harder than we have it now even though we don't think so..lol He sounds like an angel!
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 9:59 PM on Dec. 23, 2008