Raised Rash On Face

I have asked this question before and I thought I had the solution, but it seems I was wrong. I haven't changed anything and I haven't done anything different, so I don't know what is causing my son to get a red rash on his face. I can't find any consistentcy with his baby food, so I don't think it's that, but on the other hand, I don't know what a food allergy reaction looks like. The dr said if it was heat rash it would have gotten worse with a bath, but it didn't, so that's ruled out. He went to sleep and woke up with it on his cheek, and then it gradually went to the other side of his face. Does slobber [from teething] cause any kind of rash? Please help, this has stumped me.

lanesmommy08

Asked by lanesmommy08 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Message me and I can send some pictures to you if you think you know what this is.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son used to get a rash like that from foods with spices in them (tomato sauce for example). But this doesn't sound like that. What he had went away shortly after eating those foods. Basically as soon as I cleaned him up.

My daughter however, got a raised rash on her stomach that her doctor thought might be from the dry heat inside the house durring wnter. She had it last year. Now she has areas of skin that have no pigment (where the rash was).

If the rash doesn't get better see if you can take him to a dermatologist. If your ped doesn't know what it is a dermatologist might.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 9:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• It sounds a lot like an allergic reaction to strep that I had one year, but that spread all over my body and was extremely itchy, so likely it is different. I agree - take him to a dermatologist.

Answer by Bmat at 9:34 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Have you looked up fifth's disease? It is a common aliment, a viral infection.

Anonymous

• This is rash that goes away; always. It doesn't happen but maybe once every 3 weeks. He doesn't scratch it, he isn't running fever, he is showing no signs of it bothering him.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My son has a red rash on his cheeks that turned out to be eczema. It sounds like what you are describing. I use an Aveeno lotion that is specifically recommended for eczema. If you are vigilant about putting it on the rash should get better in a couple of days.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Does the redness go away when you press on the spots / rash or does it stay red even with pressure?

Anonymous

• It doesn't go away.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Tell the doctor when you speak to him/her next.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• it may be eczema
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 9:30 AM on Dec. 24, 2008