What's the worst thing your MIL has ever done/said to you?

RyleeMendez

Asked by RyleeMendez at 9:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• My MIL hounded my husband about inviting his ex to our wedding reception. We were staying at their house that visit and she cornered him no less then 5 times, repeatedly he told her HE was not interested in having his ex there. She implied that someday he may need his "friends".... my husband was pissed. She was basically telling him months after our marriage to keep his back up plan fresh?? We didn't stay at their house again the next visit. I was too uncomfortable and so was he. She has done many things like that - put her foot in her mouth, but she never seems ashamed or aware of how wrong what she is saying is.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• She treats me nice but don't rub her the wrong way.
    Anonymous

• well she done anything to me or said anything, but my SIL lied to my husband a week before our wedding saying I didnt ask her to be in our wedding and it almost broke us up. She is still trying to do things to piss me off, I had planned on getting my husband a guitar for christmas so she went and got it before me, she hates me i swear, and i have no idea why.
    Anonymous

• i was 9 months pregnant and i was sitting partially indian style on a stool under her counter... so you couldn't even see my legs and walked next to me and told me to be a lady and put my legs together LOL i was pissed
    Anonymous

• She told me that she worried about her grandchildren by me being brown. I'm 1/2 black and my Dh is white.
    After being called on it, she back pedaled and tried to convince me that she isn't racist, but it's too late for that.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 9:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Too many things to list here. I am dreading the trip to her house tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• So far it was when we broke the news that I was pregnant. We aren't married so we "shouldn't " be having sex. She told me that someone wasn't using proper birth control. As if this was "all" my fault. She absolutely adore her grandbaby now though.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:17 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Mine told me to shut up one time. My husband immediately packed our stuff and we left. My husband would not speak to her until she apologized to me.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• She knew her perfect son was cheating on me and never said a word. She even let the girlfriend live with her when he brought her to town. I eventually found out. But payback is sweet. Unfortunately she has passed away but my ex married some total witch who hates the site of me. Is it my fault he screams my name when they are having sex???? LOL
    Ibelucky1

Answer by Ibelucky1 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My Mil last name was h311 and she made sure you knew it too, when she was alive she did make my l;ife ^&** but only if she knew what her sister did to her checking account when she was on her death bed but she would yell at the cashiers about a wrong price..
    Anonymous