HAS ANYONE GOTTEN A DIVORCE AROUND CHRISTMAS TIME AND IT ALL OF A SUDDEN SEEMED LIKE IT WAS THE WORST HOLIDAY EVER?

aprillow

Asked by aprillow at 9:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• My divorce was final between my birthday 12/14 and xmas (several years ago) and instead of being bad it turned out quite well. It helped me change my attitude and it opened up avenues and opportunities. Divorce is seldom a pleasant experience but if you take on a positive outlook it can make it easier. Life can be quite good if you find the positive and learn from the negative.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• God hates divorce. Are you sure you can't just separate for a season?? Then try counseling. Best wishes to you. Somes people do change especially after meeting Jesus Christ. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 12:23 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I actually had to have my ex arrested for beating the crap outta me on Christmas Eve. Our divorce was Final on Valentines Day. I look at it this way.......those holidays couldn't get much worse then that so The Future is much brighter now and I can make Wonderful New Memories now.
    shebearncub

Answer by shebearncub at 5:36 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I kicked my XH out at the beginning of December and had one of the Best Christmas's ever! I did feel like a failure because my marriage had failed but decided my Christmas present that year was to realize it wasnt meant to be and not to blame myself for it. Here's to new memories! If you are not wanting to get divorced, I'm sorry you are going through this, but it does get better. Chin up and Make yourself ENJOY this Christmas!
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 1:16 PM on Dec. 24, 2008