How can i help my 9 yr old son control his anger ?

I have been in Domestic violence issues, I think my son is holding alot of animosity and counselors are saying he may be ADHD.What can i do, how can i approach him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Forget the ADHD for now and just help him cope with the domestic violence issues. YES, he needs to talk to someone he trusts so ask his teacher, Principal and/or school psychologist to help him with the baby steps of "talking about it".
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:54 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Ask your son's guidance counselor for guidance. Ask for him to be tested as soon as possible and for him to meet with your son to give you some feedback and advice. He may need professional counseling and you may benefit from it too. If you can find a parent support group, contact it now and get the benefit of their experience to guide you.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 10:07 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Well my idea to keep kids good boy to play in sport with other children after school. My two nephew both play football team every saturday let them have fun and good mood. They most sweet boys and smart. Never look for anger. if u dont agree than find way to help him rid of anger. He also need father to talk with. Man to man!! giggle ofc he still kids. All kids have anger try act like he boss in family but dont let him be your boss. try help him cheer up in sport or go boys clubs or something he can joy.
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 8:19 PM on Dec. 25, 2008

• THE FIRST THING COMES TO MINES IS BEAT HIS ASS JUST MY OPION DONT GET UPSET I HAVE A 9 YEAR OLD ALSO AND HE IS THE SAME WAY I WHIP HIS BUT , IF YOU DONT STOP IT NOW HE WILL BE DEAD ARE IN JAIL AND I KNOW YOU DONT WANT THAT PLUS ALL THE TEACHER AT MY SON SCHOOL TELL ME ALL THE TIME ABOUT MY SON ACTTING OUT @ SCHOOL TALKING BACK SO THEY BEAT HIS BUTT AT SCHOOL ALSO AND TELL YOU THE TRUTH THAT DONT WORK ALL THE TIME
    HONEYLOVER

Answer by HONEYLOVER at 9:25 PM on Dec. 30, 2008