Lipton green tea with citrus - as bad as drinking soda?

so I used to drink a ton of soda all the time. but recently gave it up. I bought a lot of lipton green tea with citrus because I know green tea is supposed to help you loose weight (which i assume it just helps loose water wait because it makes you pee but I'm not really sure) but i know its not as good as just drinking water because thereis high fructose corn syrup in it so, I know its not GREAT for me
but is it as bad as soda?? If I drink one a day or so will it be comparable to still drinking soda?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:12 AM on Aug. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Since it has HFCS in it, yes, it's about as bad. It may have less than pop, but it's still bad. You would be so much better off buying a box of green tea bags, making a cup of hot tea and stirring in a little honey (*little*) and drinking it hot or icing it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 13, 2011

• Heck no!! Geen tea, even lipton is so mcuh better for you for more than oen reason. It boost your metabalism, curbs your appetite. Keep up the good work staying off the soda. Way to go girl!!
    bumblebee7777

Answer by bumblebee7777 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 13, 2011

• It depends, is this the kind you brew yourself or is it in the bottle? In the bottle it might be a better choice than soda, but it may have additives and sweeteners. So it's not as healthy as brewing it yourself.
    Compare labels!
    FitAlyse

Answer by FitAlyse at 11:20 AM on Aug. 13, 2011

• The high fructose corn syrup is the bad ingredient. Stay away from drinks with that in it. Green tea is good for you but you have to drink a lot to help with weight loss. I brew it hot and drink it for the antioxidants.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 12:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2011

• Yup stay away from high fructose corn syrup!
    Artist66

Answer by Artist66 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 13, 2011

• And with that - DON'T switch to diet, because the artificial sweeteners are just as bad asHFCS, just in other ways!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 13, 2011

• Yes it is just as bad because of the sugars in it. It isnt carbonated but, its not the most healthy thing to drink.
    MommyDimples

Answer by MommyDimples at 9:54 PM on Aug. 13, 2011

• All bottled drinks have too much sugar. Brew and refrigerator your own.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:01 AM on Aug. 14, 2011

• The Lipton is not so great. Brew your own and pour it over ice with a lemon wedge and some stevia.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:02 PM on Aug. 16, 2011