blankets

remmi is almost 11 months i know your not supposed 2 tel a year but remmi likes having something2 hold when she sleeps . she is a thumb sucker but also likes something. well i have noticed she is using her crib bumper. like she holds the bumper against a face . so i was thinking about giving her a blanket.. but i dunno what do you all think?

Remmismommy

Asked by Remmismommy at 10:52 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's old enough for a blanket. A small baby would not know how to move if she had trouble breathing but at 11 months she is plenty old enough to move it if she needs to. I worked in a daycare and we gave them blankets at that age. Don't make it a big heavy blanket though. Just something light.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 10:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Both my kids had blankies, I think 11 months is a safe age. I would get one that is light weight, a "breathable fabric".

lovmore

Answer by lovmore at 10:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• My 4 month old sleeps with a receiving blanket. It rarely gets anywhere near his face and even when it never covers his nose or mouth. I'm sure it's fine. I just wouldn't give her anything real heavy like a comforter or something.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If you decide to give her a blanket but you are not 100% comfortable you can tuck it in on all three sides so it can't move.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I give Lila a knitted blanket sometimes. You know, the ones that are knitted so there are holes throughout the blanket. She's only 8 1/2 months. I'd say that if your baby is 11 months she is probably fine.

It's funny how it's easy to get caught in the 12 month trap. It's not like there will be THAT much of a difference between a baby that is 11 1/2 months vs. a 12 month old.
    jenluv37

Answer by jenluv37 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 23, 2008