does it mean.........

so if my period was 4 days late does it mean that I will ovulate later

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• u can ovulate at different dates in ur cycle every month, i did and when i concieved i had ovulated really late in my cycle according to my ultrasound i had once pregnant but the month before i had ovulated early according to a opk
    missloo

Answer by missloo at 11:07 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• yes and no. you may be pregnant. if you aren't pregnant then yes you ovulated later. your cycle is broken up in three sections. the first part of your cycle, your ovulation day, and the last part of you cycle. the last part of your cycle is called the luteal phase. it consists of the day after o until the day you get your period. generally your lp stays the same length so it will be same number of days from o until your period. therefore if you are late then you can subtract your lp from when you get your period to detect your o date. if you temp then you can also see in the middle of your cycle if you o'ed on a different day later or earlier than usual.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 23, 2008