• In the Spotlight:

I dont have regular periods and I went to doctor yesterday and found out I was having a baby!!! They say my HCG levels are at 4126 and they were a bit concerned, can anyone explain to me what that means

judith_visco

Asked by judith_visco at 10:55 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• http://www.americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• how far along should u be? beacuse that level is really low if ur quite far along, if u are in ur really early stages it would be ok

ur doctor may be worried because if u are further along in ur pregnancy and ur levels are dropping or low it could mean the baby isnt going to make it or is misscarrying thats why when people have problems in pregnancy etc they test ur blood levels often to check how high they are and if they start to drop etc
    missloo

Answer by missloo at 11:12 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Did they say how far along you might be? If you're in early pregnancy then it could be a sign of multiples or you're further along then orginally thought
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:20 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• They cant tell how early it is because I dont know when my last period was, probably a year or so ago. There was only a Gestional sac, nothing was there yet, it looked like a littl black shadow on the ultra sound, and because they dont know how far I am techonically they assumed it was either entopic or to early, They assumed it was possibably entopic because I have been having slight disconfort, like period cramps, infact I thought I was just getting a period!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 11:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• are they asking you to come back in a few days to have your levels rechecked> that really is the only way to know for sure.

Sadly I went through a MC months ago and having to wait and find out the results was very hard. I hope that your experiance is a good one! Maybe you're just early :) The fact that they saw SOMETHING is a positive thing. good luck!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm sorry hun...an eptopic one can cause that too. I hope that when you go back it's good news! Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Well can you remember...

When you last had sex...Or maybe GUess the time frame you got prego in?

I know...wiht my first MC, they couldnt see nothing in the sac neither,
    But they did know the age when i MC at 10-12 weeks, so if you were further along than that im sure they would have seen it...or at least there should be SOMETHING by that time,

Now...i lost that baby..

But with my 2nd
    It was the same nothing until 10 weeks..then i saw the baby...
    And i am going strong at 38 weeks!

I am praying for you hon..
    i struggled with my period too!
    it took me 6 years to have my First baby

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2008