3 differnet dates

ok so i went to
mymonthylcycles.com
yourdays.com
askdramy.com
and each one gave me a different day that I will ovulate
so which one is right?
I started my period 12/20 and I have a 29 day cycle
any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you tried charting? I charted for a couple months and found my ovulation day that way. I knew it was the right date because I had been charting myself and not going off a website. Websites can be helpful or really confusing. It takes longer to chart but you get more of a sure fire date.
    Anonymous

• to be honest the first month i tried to concieve i tried to do all that charting stuff
    it didnt work for me
    and when i had my ultrasound i was told that i would have ovulated really late in my cycle anyway!
    the best thing to do is to not use opks not worry about ur cycle just do it when u can through the WHOLE month until u get ur period or until ur late enough to test :)
    i was advised by my doc and by my motherinlaw that trying will decrease ur chances it causes stress and gets ur hopes up to much
    i concieved in my 2nd month of trying! i didnt pay attention to any dates like i did the first month
    missloo

Answer by missloo at 11:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• generally your luteal phase is 14 days long. so you will probably O around the 15th day. i agree with the charting. check out fertilityfriend.com. all you do is take your temp each morning and enter it in and it will detect your O day for you.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• If you're just plugging in dates, then all of them could be wrong. There's no telling how long your luteal phase is unless you chart. You could potentially ovulate anywhere from day 14-19, so Jan. 2-7. And if you have an off cycle, it could be earlier or later than that. If you don't want to chart or use OPK's or anything, then have sex at least every other day starting about Dec. 31 and going through Jan. 8; that should cover it.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• From my own personal expirience, I wouldn't chart. This month I miscounted the date when my period was due and by the time I figured it out I was already 2 days late. That NEVER happens to me. I took a took a test on Sunday, it was BFP and Monday I went to the pregnancy center. I am definetly pregnant! 4 weeks 4days!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 12:13 PM on Dec. 24, 2008