Should I be upset?

My husband got into a minor accident on Friday. His car is a little messed up, but still driveable. He did go to the hospital just to get checked out. He has some muscle strain. They sent him home with some meds. He texted me today and said he is getting a lawyer. I asked why and he said for pain and suffering. I told him that the dr told him that he could be sore for up to 4 weeks. I didnt hear anything else. dont think that he has any reason to sue. He also called his dad when he had the accident. He didnt call me until an hour or so after it happened. Im upset that it seems like I am always the last to know things. Im really upset. I was just wondering if anyone else would be too?

mommie020308

Asked by mommie020308 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• if i wasnt the first to be told that my partner had been in accident then i would be upset, i think u do have a right to be upset, also its un acceptable that no one contacted u his dad should have done that atleast u should be upset with him also imo
    missloo

Answer by missloo at 11:10 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think you should too. I don't think he needs to hire a lawyer and sue but the person at fault is responsible for damages to the car.

Anonymous

• The guys insurence is covering the car and medical bills. I think that should be enough. I dont know how to fix this. Im sooo upset. We have only been married two weeks, but we have been together for two years.
    mommie020308

Answer by mommie020308 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• You have more problems than a car wreck. Your marriage needs some direction.
    As far as suing--I have been in two wrecks--not my fault--it isn't as easy as "claiming" suffering and pain and getting a lot of money. It takes a lot of time, effort, and truly proving you were hurt. Both times it was not at fault. A lawyer will usually only take a case like that if they feel it has some merit and they get a huge chunk of the money.
    Anonymous

• Men think very differently than us women. Sometimes they don't think at all. I would tell him how it upsets you that you are not the first one he thinks to call in any type of emergency. He probably just didn't realize it would mean anything to you. Suing just for the pleasure of suing is the reason every one of us has such high insurance premiums! I say be reasonable and take a stand against unnecessary lawsuits. The people who benfit most are the lawyers, not you.
    Mindy-KidCentri

Answer by Mindy-KidCentri at 11:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• i would be upset if i wasnt first to find out about the accident. but maybe he did that because you werent considerate of him.

if he wants to sue then let him. he SHOULDNT be having ANY pain if the person that hit him didnt hit him.
    thats his decision.just support him maybe thats why he doesnt involve you because you knock everything he does???

just an idea.
    Anonymous

• The whole "pain & suffering" thing with lawyers is a thing of the past. The most he can recover is the costs of the medical exam and the meds. period. He's wasting his time and money if he gets a lawyer.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• He cant do anything,

There are laws now...No Fault laws,

Sometimes u cant sue,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:06 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Too bad he doesn't call you first. I know how that feels. If he is like my husband, he looks to his mother to tell him he is right. He doesn't want to hear about being smart. I have learned to let my husband handle those things without interferring. If I really disagree and my own life or limb is in jeopardy, I tell him how I feel, why, what I would like to happen and then, I drop it. If I can keep my opinion to myself, I do. I wouldn't encourage the suit but I would consider it his decision and I would tell him that without conveying I think he is wrong.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:20 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• P.S. Let him learn from his mistakes and if Dad is giving bad advice, he will learn you are the one to turn to (if you don't criticize him).
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:21 AM on Dec. 24, 2008