caffine

ive heard that your not supose to drink caffine during pregnancy but what if you trying to conceive.

Wytegirl

Asked by Wytegirl at 11:09 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• its best to cut it out now. it will make it easy to quit once you are pregnant.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I think even when trying to conceive you should stop caffeine. I think it even helps your chances of conceiveing staying on a healthy diet. Plus you never know if your pregnant until you miss your period so all that time you don't want the caffeine in the babies system. The first couple of weeks are so important even if you don't know yet.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 11:14 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• okay I am in Nursing school right now, and in my Diet &Nutrition class it says that caffeine has been known to cause spontaneous abortions, and thats why it is important to not drink it while pregnant. I am assuming if you get preggo and in the few weeks you dont know, your body might do the same thing if you drink a lot of caffeine. I think it would be best to cut it out or reduce the amount you drink just in case.
    sweetsorrow2

Answer by sweetsorrow2 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• it is best for both you and your SO to cut down and even better to stop consuming caffiene. It will improve sperm count and chances of conception are better :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• im sure its fine... i drank caffine products ( not coffee but soda) once in a while... not that big of a deal... my baby is just fine, my body is so used to drinking so much soda i get headaches if i dont have a certain amount of caffine in the day...bad i know...but i am working on it :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2008