Has anyone taken a test and gotten a positive but there digital said not pregnant?

I was wondering if you have gotten a positive on a line test but gotten a not pregnant on a digital test. My period is due tomorrow and I took the digital today and it said not pregnant. My other pregnancy tests had the faintest lines on them. But they were there. Anyone have any advice?

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be that the digital takes a higher level of hcg to show up positive. Give it another day or two, and do it first thing in the morning, when your urine is most concentrated.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:27 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Did you only take one stick test? It could've been evaporation lines. I would retest in the morning or go by more of the other test. The HCG levels shouldn't be any higher on a digital test.
    Anonymous

• I took like 3 and evaporation lines are after the estimated time. The lines showed up right away. I looked on peeonastick.com and it said that the digitals were less sensitive than the stick kind. So Im going to try and wait out the holidays and test afterwards.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Yup, digitals are less sensitive. Also, was it red or blue dye that you took? Red dyes are usually more sensitive than blues.

I would re-test. It may be that you just tested with the digital too early. Good luck!

Dollar store red dyes are the best tests! They are accurate and detect at 25 versus some digitals that detect at 100!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:54 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Digitals take a higher concentration of hormones to get a positive, so it seems like that's exactly what happened for you. If you got a yes on a non-digital one, you're pregnant!
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 12:58 AM on Dec. 24, 2008