whats the best............

so DH & I would really like to have another baby. our son is now 5 & we think its time. the question is what is the best way to go about it with out all the charting and perdictor kits and temp taking and all of that?
We were thinking that if we just have sex every other day after the day that I get off my period that we could concieve, but I was told that we need to have sex every day around the time of ovulation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• sex every other day!!!-lol..........you can pretty much take the length of your cycle (days in between periods plus the length of your period) and divide it in half-that is about the time you will ovulate (in the middle of your cycle). Start having sex one week before you are supposed to ovulate and continue to have sex until one week after you are supposed to ovulate. Have sex every other day. Then wait until a week after your missed period and test!!!! So, you dont really need to chart every day.

Good luck!
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• The best way to get pregnant is to not try. Throw out the calendar the charts the ovulation tests and just get lovey dovey with your hubby. Enjoy it. It will happen. ALSO buy pregnancy test strips online they are much cheaper. You can get them for like 40 cents a piece and its the kind the hospitals use
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:33 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I would say just have sex often...there are also sex position that will help you convieve...I would just let it happen on its own. If you try to make it happen and it doesn't happen soon enough you could get stressed...just take it slow. It will happen! GL
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:34 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Take it from a person who TTC for 13 years....I have read it all and talked to ALOT of docs. All the professional advice is to take a multivitamin, have sex every other day between periods. YOu do not know exactly the day of ovulation without the tests and not everyone has a 28 day cycle or a 14th day of ovulation. Sperm lives 24-48 hours (sometimes longer) so every other day works. Take the advice of not trying so hard but also don't believe that relaxing gets you pregnant....I HATED that advice the most - some people have more problems than just stress that is causing them not to conceive. Also realize that an average is 3 months before you concieve and not to worry about it until it takes more than 6.....good luck!
    stannseniors

Answer by stannseniors at 4:25 PM on Dec. 24, 2008