What do you do to get in the happy holiday spirit?

What can I do to change my mood- from bored, and semi-happy- to exited and funloving, and content? ? ?

noel24

Asked by noel24 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Holidays

• DECORATE DECORATE DECORATE.... its what i do when i feel blue about the holidays...and bake cookies with your kids (if there old enough)
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• Well, I agree with connorsmom22607 but if you are depressed, there could be other reasons. Don't try to force yourself into a good mood either :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I'm not feeling it either, it's our first year by ourselves. We just moved across the country and aren't able to go home for the holiday. I know Christmas day will be fun, but I'm just not feeling it now.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Make sure you take time for yourself. Time for myself, away from all the expectations, gives me perspective about what and why I'm celebrating. Not the mall. Maybe the library? Find a favorite quiet spot!
    And then spend some time with a friend doing and talking about anything EXCEPT the holiday, so that you keep the perspective that this is just another phase of the year... and that you are loved and okay even if you aren't all about the holiday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• My holiday spirit brightens when I put up my tree and decorate my home all while listening to Christmas music. Ive had years like you are having and with having kids its a must to get in the spirit. Bake cookies, walk through the mall they always have Christmas music playing, help with a toy drive, sponsor a family, take the kids out to look at lights, most of that usually works.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 5:13 AM on Dec. 24, 2008