Would any of you use a drop-in childcare service at a courthouse?

If you had some court business to tend to and the courthouse provided a free drop-in child care service, would you use it. Why or why not.

Mindy-KidCentri

Asked by Mindy-KidCentri at 11:53 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• It depends. Can you go ahead of time to check the cleanliness/staff???? I would do that and if it looked good then yes, I would use it. If not then no. At least most (hopefully all) states do background checks on there city,county, and state employees, so as long as it is clean, you should be alright. However, I would not put a child under two in it!!! Simply because younger children are more vulnerable and I was always more protective of my daughter before she turned two :)
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008

• I wouldnt...I barely trust my family to watch my daughter let alone some strangers lol. I have heard too many horror stories about SBS, and abuse in day cares...FORGET IT!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:04 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• If it was my last resort I would, but reluctantly. I would leave my child with a relative first, if that weren't an option I guess I would leave my child there, but I would worry about the types of kids my child would be around... Hopefully it wouldn't be too long.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 8:31 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I have used it anytime I have had to go to court and I have never had a problem.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 24, 2008