How does Santa work?

After all the shopping is done how do you decide what's from you and what's from Santa? Does Santa leave 1 big gift, several small gifts? Are Santa's gifts center stage or is Santa just a little surprise something when it's all done? Do you wrap Santa's gifts in separate paper or create a story as to way they are all wrapped the same?

kittykat1919

Asked by kittykat1919 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 23, 2008 in Holidays

• Santa brings a few of the stocking stuffers and one or two nice gifts. Every year we wrap up all the kids stocking stuffers that are "from us" and we put them in the stockings on Christmas Eve. Then Santa comes overnight and stuffs some more stuff into the stockings unwrapped. Also the Santa gifts are normally wrapped in different paper and any remaining of that roll goes in the recycling. This year Santa's gifts are rather small since grandma has taken care of the larger items, so they will be just sitting out on the table with a small gift tag in front of each child's gift. We never put out any of the presents til the kids are in bed on Christmas Eve so they never really remember which ones are fron Santa anyway.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Every family is different.
    Our little girl is only 2 so this is our first "Santa" year. Here's what I'm doing:
    For us, Santa is bringing the stocking filled with silly little things and two other gifts. The stockng will be hung by the chimney (where else?) and the gifts will be under the tree with everything else. They will be wrapped in seperate paper that never shows up in the household supply of wrapping paper unless it is too big to wrap and then it will just get a big bow.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• This year the stocking is from Santa and her big present, which is a doll house. Next year I will be wrapping the santa present in different paper, but this year she's only two and won't notice. I also bring all of the presents (mine, my husbands and my daughters) out on Christmas Eve. That's how my parents did it and I remember being thrilled to see all the presents, I would go to sleep with there being no presents, and wake up to tons. I never realized that only one present was from Santa because they all just appeared.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I tried to nip the santa thing in the bud, but when grandpa works as a santa claus it's near impossible. gifts come from "santa" but people get the thanks and thank you notes. and then, through the year, we remind them who gave them what if it comes up.
    santa needs help wrapping all those gifts, and sometimes asks parents if he can use the wrapping paper already in the house. maybe he ran out of paper halfway through, or just happened to get it from the same store? in all the years when I was little this wasn't even a question for me...
    there are no separate gifts, really... we used to tell our parents which gifts were from which of us, but in the end it didn't really matter. all the gifts appeared together in the morning. we didn't do stockings growing up... we did the Three Kings instead (TWO gift days!!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Santa fills the stockings and bring one unwrapped gift for each child and one unwrapped gift for everyone to share.

Also, on Christmas Eve while we are at church and dinner, Santa's Elves come and bring Christmas jammies and a book.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 3:55 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• At our house, Santa brings the stocking heaped with treats and fun stuff, and anything that is a toy. Mom and Dad usually give a Precious Moments or some other keepsake, or any clothing items. Both of my girls are older now, but they know that if you do not believe, you do not receive. So Christmas morning, Santa Mom and Dad are giving one big ticket item and a couple smaller things, plus their stockings. The Polar Express bell still rings for all of us!
    terirose22

Answer by terirose22 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• At our house, Santa is a nice story they talk about in movies sometimes. Gifts come from Mom and Dad and Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunts and Uncles.
    EmeraldsMommy

Answer by EmeraldsMommy at 9:41 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• santa brings one gift to the kids it is unwrapped. it is usually something that was hard to wrap. it is never the best gift.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:40 PM on Dec. 24, 2008