• In the Spotlight:

Any SAHM's feel this way?

You bust you butt all day entertaining your child b/c they won't play with any toys and you cook and clean and bathe the kids and clean again... Now who wants to have sex after all that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Hey, I may be a SAHM, but I also listen to what my sister has to deal with: rush to work, listen to the boss complain about xyz, listen to her employees complain about xyz, also meet her deadline and get her paperwork done so she doesnt loose her job, rush to pick up the baby, rush home to cook, clean, eat, bath the baby, put the baby to bed etc. (she's married by the way). She's just as drained!! I really don't think those that work outside the home have better energy levels...I think they can get just as drained, and feel like who wants that after a day like mine! Sometimes it take just effort to get the ball moving, but once it starts it just goes and goes.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 3:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I still do. But I enjoy being a sahm. Maybe youre just in a rut and need to try some new things, maybe getting out during the day more.
    vanessa83

Answer by vanessa83 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I don't, usually. I'm exhausted, and I love being a sahm..it's just tiring, and some days, the last thing on my mind.
    aschwer

Answer by aschwer at 5:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• So I guess I'm the only one who doesn't want sex then. Sure...
    Anonymous

• I don't, but sometimes I just do it anyway because I know that it will please my DH - and sometimes it pleases me, too! Even if I did have a long and tiring day...
    jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Yes sometimes. I try not to entertain anymore. I am bad about it not really entertaining but having my kids learn things and help me do everything, follow me around so I can control what they're doing.

When I do this I interrupt their playtime which is crucial. SIGH! but yeah I definately feel pooped usually.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:10 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I think SAHM's means stay-at-home mother's?If so, I'm a SAHM who definitely feels that way.But think, before there was you, baby and hubby, there was you and hubby.He still needs the same things he needed before baby.I personally feel that if we stop paying attention to our hubby's needs(physical/emotional),someone else will get the job.
    callico

Answer by callico at 1:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am with you all the way on this one, but I also agree with callico, unfortunately. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and do the deed, if for no other reason than to keep hubby from getting it somewhere else ( or even thinking about it). I personally have zero sex drive anymore for the most part (TMI, I know), but I can't expect DH to feel the same. That would be nice, but....
    Anonymous