Has this happened to you? I'm not sure what to do or think.

I ordered some stuff online, it showed on the tracking page that 3 items were delivered today. One should have went to my parents house down the street and the other two, to my house. I get home at 6:00 and there is nothing on my step but an empty square print in the snow. The packages that I received yesterday are too small to fit the square. My parents never received the package that was shown to be delivered to their house either. All packages were sent through USPS. Is there a possibilty that the post office held them because there were different addresses or they didn't get the opportunity to deliver them... I still can't explain the square in the snow though? I'm really sad and mad right now.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 12:25 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Holidays

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • It's possible, it is also possible they kept them because no one was home, but it is also possible that someone took them :o(. The post office is not responsible for mail unless it is insured so when they drop it off, you are tossing the dice. I'm sorry tho...I hate when stuff like that happens to nice people.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Could they possibly be holding the packages at the post office because no one was home and didn't want to leave them in the snow?

We have had them do that to us before
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 12:27 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• That is a good possibilty I hope... usually they leave a note but maybe they forget. Either way, even if it is embarrassing because I already let the authorities know, I pray that the post office has them. I hate going through USPS. They just sent one of my other orders across the U.S. when it was only a state away and now it won't be here for Christmas. Things are just not going good for me recently.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:36 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• We live in a nice area, low crime etc...and 14 UPS packages have been stolen. None were mine, but my neighbor got taken.

Then on Saturday I went to check the mail and we had a key for a package. So I put the key in the box holder and there is no box in there. USPS still does not know what happend. They can't even tell me who delivered that day ? ? ? That is bad to me. Usually USPS leaves a pink slip if the kept your package too.

I like UPS better because they use tracking numbers and at least I know what day to look for the boxes or if they had been delivered.

Sorry I hope you get it figured out. Call tomorrow early the main USPS number line and get the phone number for your actual service area. They should be able to try to track down what happend. Hopefully you have a regular mail carrier. My problem is I don't.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 12:42 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• USPS around Christmas is aweful. I try to be home or let a neighbor know to keep an eye out. I had a $400 wii package delivered and they just thew it on the porch in a beat up box. I would check with the post office, then contact the company to at least let them know it never arrived. Dont give up hopefully it will be found.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 5:17 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• If it was paid for by credit card there might be insurance or a no delivery no charge policy. Check into that if all else fails.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:46 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Thank you. I received them today. They put them into a big mailbox unit they have and forgot to give me the key in my regular mailbox. Merry Christmas to all :)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 24, 2008