Are you responding to what the other person wants or what you want them to do?

If you are in business do you just approach everyone with that "3 foot rule" and "share" what you have to offer. Or do you really get to know them and their needs and value and build a trusting relationship? Attraction marketing where you find your niche market allows you to have a better retention rate in the long run. Build your business to last a lifetime, not a lunchtime.

unforgettablesj

Asked by unforgettablesj at 12:38 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• I do both
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 1:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I don't understand if you are asking a question or marketing a product???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I vote marketing.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:10 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Good question! The BIG mistake people make is "selling" what they want, instead of the person's needs and wants. This is one of the big reasons most do not succeed and cause people to run away from them. Of course, it depends on what your business is. So I can only speak for our Business. I prefer your first statement!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 7:41 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I can only answer this for the sponsoring portion of my business. If you are passionate about your business and can speak to people without selling, you will find most of your long term team members/busines partners you can connect with.

I inform others about my business but never push my business onto anyone. My niche market is wide spread
    phillymommie

Answer by phillymommie at 8:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2008