smoking marijuana

1 ive heard that smoking weed when trying to get pregnant can reduce sprem count is it true?
2 i heard that smoking weed through pregnancy can cause low birth weigh and a higher iq for the baby true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• It does cause low sperm count and the sperm left can be damaged. As for a high IQ, where did you here that?It will eat at certain parts of your childs brain and if your child has it in their system (they can check), they can take your baby and charge you will child endangerment.And yes it does cause low birth weight, any smoking can.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• well it can lower sperm account but the man has to smoke A LOT over the years.....

i knew someone that smoked thru the beginning of the pregnancy to get thru horrid morning sickness and thier baby was a almost 10 lb. baby... as for higher iq, no.. thats not true....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• This question has got to be a joke. Seriously, a higher IQ??? LMAO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• how bout u just dont do it at all..get it out of your head
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• i dont think she ever said she smoked weed.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 1:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• 2. I'm not really sure about highering IQ, but it certainly will not 'eat your child's brain' that is just silly. To get TRUE, unbiased information about smoking marijuana during pregnancy, you should go to this site : http://www.medicalcannabis.com/pregnancy.htm

It has information about a study done by Dr. Melanie Dreher, one of the very few scientists who have thoroughly researched marijuana use in the last 30 years.

tinykelsie

Answer by tinykelsie at 1:12 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• who said she smoked weed?
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:15 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• It does reduce sperm count,

No it doesnt cause a higher IQ~....
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:32 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• WE got pregnant twice just fine.I've known several people who smoked all throughout pregnancy. I don't know about a higher IQ, but I can tell you that the children I know who were exposed to it in utero are all intelligent and inquisitive children. Not a single one was low birth weight. The side effects that are reported, I believe, are ADHD, and ADD, memory problems and impaired decision making abilities. But, again, the kids I know who were exposed to not have these issues. In fact, the only children I know that are "special needs" were born to mothers who took impeccable care of themselves while pregnant. A lot more goes into your fetus' development than a little weed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Oops, I meant to say: the kids I know who were exposed to it have not had these issues.
    Why don't they make an edit button?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Dec. 24, 2008