I am struggling

Christians I am struggling. Seriously. I don't know how much longer I can hold on. I need to talk to someone but no one is around. I pray but honestly I feel as if I'm being punished. I've been forbidden to go to church and I pretty much feel as if I am hanging on by a very thin thread. VERY thin. Any help?

humaniterian87

Asked by humaniterian87 at 1:00 AM on Dec. 24, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do you think God would punish you? anything you could have done/think you've done, God is just waiting for you.As for church, who says you cannot go?If you call any church, they can send a pastor to talk w/you or at least talk to you on the phone. You can email me if you need a friend. You are not alone.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:03 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• I agree with Bearsjen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Forbidden?????

You're an adult, right? NO ONE gets to forbid anything for you unless it's an actual violation of law!

Call your church, ask for help.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Oh, darling... you are allowing people to decide whether or not you go to church? The only one allowed to judge us is God, and He will never use another person to pass judgement on you! Never! Judgement comes only on the last day, and until then He is more than willing to open His arms to you and forget your sins -- he separates the evil from the good as far as the east is from the west, no?
    Don't go back to the church or the people who told you they want to separate you from God. Don't have such an open mind that your brains fall out when you look for a different place to worship (that is, make sure any church you choose is in line with the Truth as it is, not as they - or you - want to see it).
    And never underestimate the power of God to send His angels when you most need them! Be open to His love, however, because evil sometimes is much louder. Still, there can be no darkness IN the light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• why are you forbidden to go to church . Whatever is concerning you do not think god will condemn you ,he is a very loving god and he loves you very much and will forgive you no matter what if you ask hm to , talk to him and stop worrying yourself . Just you posting this alone shows you are a caring person .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Why are you forbidden to go to church?? If it's because of someone in your family then you need to get away from them. No one should be allowed to control you like that. And if it's someone at your church, then you need to talk to someone of authority there OR find a new church.

And no one is punishing you, least of all God. God doesn't punish us. We punish ourselves. You've taken the first step by seeking help. Now take someone up on their offer to talk (even me) or call up a pastor or a counseling hot line in your area and get help!!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:59 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

• No one is above God to tell you that you cant go to church. No one!!!
    God forgives. Jesus died for us to free us from sin. Do not allow anyone to tell you you are are not worthy of Gods Love .Because you are. We are Chirstians, but we are alos human. We make mistakes and God forgives. He loves us and forgives us .He will comfort you through this hard time. YOU are NOT alone!!!
    DONT EVER LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE Hun. Try a different church..(ahh , im mad for you)) HUGS!!!!!
    aMbeR012005

Answer by aMbeR012005 at 11:34 AM on Dec. 24, 2008

•  PLEASE listen to  www.bbnradio.org   and you can call them for prayer and talk to them 1800.888.7077 free or chat room on the www   . please read this ask the HOLY SPRIT to help you please.....   http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/suffer.html   http://www.biblebelievers.com/100bible-lessons/100bible-lesson_append01.html i agree with aMbeR012005  JESUS loves you no matter what and I love you... your friend yovonna  give JEUS all your problems and HE will give you peace

yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 8:28 PM on Dec. 24, 2008

• Okay. first. Who told you that you can't go to church? Nobody has that right. You are the only one who can decide either to go, or not to go. No one else has the right to make that decision for you. I'm guessing it was maybe your boyfriend, or husband.?? At any rate, they can't tell you where you can go and where you can't. I could understand if you wanted to go to bars and you were told you can't. But church? It's good for you. I just don't understand why anybody would forbid someone else from attending church.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 2:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2008